Overview and Policies
All students are invited and welcome to join us at our school dances! We ask that students abide by the following policies:
- Each attending Prospect student must have a ticket purchased under their own name.
- Each PHS student is allowed to bring one guest under the age of 21. The PHS student is responsible for their own guest and they must enter and leave the dance together. Guests will not be allowed in without their PHS student.
- Guests must also have a completed Guest Request form turned into the student store upon purchasing of their guest ticket.
- Tickets are non transferable and non refundable for all the dances. Please check dates before purchasing tickets.
- All dance attendees may be subject to search upon entry.
- Students should be sure to have all the items needed for the evening as they enter. Students will not be able to go back to cars to retrieve items once admitted to the dance. There is no exit or re-entry at any school dance. Once entering a dance, students are not allowed to leave until 30 minutes prior to the scheduled end. Students must arrive within 30 minutes of the scheduled start of the dance. If leaving early for any reason, you must be picked up by a parent or legal guardian. Exceptions can be made for students participating in other school activities, but those exceptions MUST be prearranged with an administrator. Please email Mrs. Gilmore ([email protected]) for information.
- Students are expected to dress and behave appropriately.
- Students who are in possession of, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be removed and their parents will be notified. Administrators WILL utilize a “breathalyzer” to randomly check students for alcohol usage. If you are found in violation of this rule, you will not be allowed to attend the next dance and possibly the rest of the dances for the year.
- Students must be picked up or leave the dance site immediately following the conclusion of the dance.
- Failure to abide by dance policies and school guidelines will result in immediate removal from the dance and parents will be contacted for pick-up.