Guidance Department and College & Career Center
(located in the Student Services Center and the Library)
Log onto Naviance Family Connection here
Welcome to the Prospect High School Guidance Department.
Prospect Guidance Counselors offer students support in the achievement of high school goals and preparation for beyond high school. Guidance regularly works with students, parents, guardians, staff and teachers to help ensure student success. We meet with students individually, in groups, and during class visits throughout the school year. Click here
for more information on how to work with your guidance counselor.
Students can drop-in during break, lunch and after school or make appointments to meet with their guidance counselor one-on-one, through loopmail or email, at any time throughout the year. Parents and guardians are welcome to schedule a meeting or contact their student’s guidance counselor via loopmail, email or phone.
Our College & Career Center
("CCC") is staffed by a dedicated Specialist, Amy Bencomo, and a team of parent volunteers for the benefit of all Prospect students. Students are welcome to drop in the CCC, located in the library, anytime during the regular school year or expect to see us on campus in the following capacities:
- In the Quad on Mondays, where we are available to answer any college and career question!
- On Tuesdays & Thursdays in the Library during Study Hall & Lunch to explore career, colleges, write resumes, find scholarships, and to use Naviance Family Connection and more!
- College Visits are scheduled mostly in the fall during Study Hall & Lunch, dates and locations vary. Please check Naviance for schedule and to RSVP.
- Monthly career symposiums called Career Spotlight. Please look for details on our social media pages and the daily bulletin.
- Monthly college and career Workshops where we discuss topics such as resume writing, scholarships, and career search.
Seniors & Juniors - Planning for College?
Stop by the College & Career Center anytime for assistance with your college application questions. In addition to daily availability by our Specialist, there are extra Parent volunteers on-hand in the library every Tuesday during Study Hall/Lunch to help with your college planning. Make it a habit to dedicate one day a week toward your post-secondary planning!
Be sure to check out the College Planning
Page; and remember to use Naviance Family Connection
, a free resource for all Prospect students! Family Connection provides a great number of college planning tools for students including:
- The ability to browse college profiles and develop a list of target schools
- View "scattergrams" and see where Prospect students have applied and been accepted to
- Naviance SuperMatch college search enables students to find schools that are best matched to their own, personal criteria such as location, tuition/fees, public/private, available sports, GPA/SAT/ACT scores and more.
- Students should also use Family Connection for transcript and letters of recommendation requests.