Contacting Your Counselor
If you are a STUDENT and want to meet with your counselor, you may do any of the following:
- Appointments: students may schedule an appointment by messaging their Guidance Counselor through Canvas or by sending their Guidance Counselor an email at their CUHSD email address. Once an appointment has been confirmed, your Guidance Counselor will share a meeting link with you.
- Email: sending your Guidance Counselor and email saves students from missing important class instruction. Emailing your Guidance Counselor is a quick and easy way to get answers to your questions and concerns.
If you are a PARENT or GUARDIAN, please use the following guidelines:
If you have a question about your student's current grade or course content, please contact the teacher directly. You may use Canvas or Aeries to monitor your student's progress in his or her classes. The Guidance Counselors do not have additional information regarding specific classes, so teachers will be best equipped to inform and guide you.
If you have a general question or concern for your student's Guidance Counselor, the most expedient way to contact them is through email. You can also contact your student's Guidance Counselor through voicemail. Guidance Counselors will try to get back to you within 24-48 hours (not including weekends or holidays). Please keep in mind that if you're calling about a teacher-related issue, we ask that you have communicated with the teacher first.
- High School Graduation
- Post High School Planning
- Communication strategies with students and/or staff
- Class Selection
- College Planning
- Discussing confidential concerns
What is confidentiality?
- You or someone you know if being physically or sexually abused (even if it happened a long time ago)
- You are going to hurt yourself
- You are going to hurt someone else