How to Participate
Online Athletic Clearance FAQ
- Your username is the email address that you registered with through https://www.homecampus.com/login
- Once you complete a clearance for one sport and arrive at the Confirmation Message, you will have the option to check off additional sports/activities for the current school year.
- If you decide to participate in an additional sport/activity later on, you can access the multiple sport check boxes by clicking on “Print” under the Confirmation Message of your original Clearance for that specific year.
- The physical form can be downloaded above. This form must be filled out by your doctor. We will also have a doctor on campus that will provide physicals for $25 (cash only). See this page for upcoming dates.
- We will accept the physical online by uploading the completed form on Step #1 above as well as turning in a hard copy to the athletic department.
- Your school will review the information you have submitted and Clear or Deny your student for participation.
- You will receive an email when the student is cleared.
- Please contact your school’s athletic department and ask for your sport to be activated.
New Requirement: Heart Screening FAQs
Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) is the #1 killer of student athletes in the U.S., the #1 cause of death on school campuses, and the #2 cause of medical death among youth under age 25. Electrocardiogram (ECG) heart screening is the most effective tool to identify youth at risk for SCA. Given that 75% of fatalities for student athletes during sports are cardiovascular related, ECG screenings for student athletes can be a valuable component of the clearance process for athletic activity. There are at least seven recent CUHSD alumni who have been affected by SCA, six of whom lost their lives to this condition. All of them had their usual pre-athletics physical screening and underlying conditions had been missed. The seventh knew about SCA and asked his doctor for a screening; this led to identification of an underlying condition and proper treatment.
- If their outside doctor completing their physical provides this screening, that meets the requirement.
- If their outside doctor completing their physical does not provide this screening, they can complete the requirement by getting the screening done at your on campus event hosted by the Foundation ($10).
- If they get the physical done at your on campus event, they can also get their screening done at your on campus event hosted by the Foundation ($10).
- Use the updated 2022-23 physical form (Spanish); it includes the heart screening requirement for 9th/11th graders.
- Work with the representatives from the Kyle J Taylor Foundation to schedule the heart screening event(s) on your campus and communicate information about the event; I will send an introductory email connecting you on July 11 so that you can start planning.
- Update websites and other communication channels to include the updated form and the new requirement.
Sports Donations & Fees
NEW REQUIREMENT for PHS Athletes:
DOCTOR ON CAMPUS
Thurs, Oct 20 @
3pm in Rm 43
WINTER ATHLETES ONLY
Cost is $30
Please bring Physical Form located on the bottom of this page.
All physicals must be completed BEFORE tryouts