Thank you for taking a stand to help fight hunger and contributing to food and fund drive 2015-2016 school years! On behalf of our neighbors in need, Cultural Exchange Club & Second Harvest Food Bank deeply values your support and generosity. We are excited to let you know that Prospect High School was presented with a silver award for its commitment to build a hunger-free community. Congratulations!
A Big thank you to all the students who volunteered and helped to remove trash from the creek at Prospect High School on Saturday, April 30th from 9-11am. Sponsored by: PHS Honors Biology class, West Valley Clean Water Program, and City of Saratoga.
French Club: The final meeting of the French Club will be on Friday, May 6th at lunch in room 26. We will be electing officers for next year.
Prospect will host the STAL trials and finals for track. Come out and cheer seniors Sarah Sawatsky, Alex Baron, Lukas Swidler, and top ten state ranked junior Olga Baryshinkova as they try to make their way to CCS and possibly state! The fun begins at 5:00pm both days.
Yearbook Distribution: If you purchased an ASB card at the beginning of the year, you have already purchased a yearbook and will need to pick it up at one of the distribution days, below. Bring your ASB card as proof that you purchased the yearbook. If you did not purchase an ASB card, you may purchase a yearbook for $100 (cash or checks payable to: Prospect Yearbook) on one of the distribution days below.
· Yearbook Signing Party: May 20th: Lunch in the Gym. To get your yearbook days earlier than everyone else, come to the Yearbook Signing Party. It's the yearbook class' major fundraiser. $5 gets you in for a lunchtime of music and fun times with your friends.
· Monday, May 23rd 2:30-3:00pm. Pick up your yearbook in the lunch lines after school.
· Tuesday, May 24th - Friday, May 27th. Come to Room 3 at break, lunch, and after school until 2:45pm to pick up your yearbook.
· During Finals: Yearbooks can be picked up/purchased from the Activities Office at break and after finals.
· During Summer: Yearbooks can be picked up/purchased in the Main Office during summer office hours.
A Town Hall Meeting about the social influence on teens and redirecting energy to positive teen behaviors will take place on Friday, May 6th at 6:30-7:30pm in the library. Student representatives, administrators, and mental health officials will be on hand to share their thoughts and opinions. Some specific topics include: dance etiquette, social media influence on behavior, peer communication relationships, etc.
Attention Students: If you plan to attend the teen job fair on Tuesday, May 17th, come gain some hints and tips for putting your best foot forward with employers. The job skills training session will take place this Monday, May 2nd from 3-5pm in the Library. Workshop attendees get in to the job fair half an hour before everyone else. Don't miss out on this opportunity! Hope to see you Monday at 3pm sharp!
Link Crew applications are available for all current Sophomores and Juniors in room 2 and 52.