The College and Career Center (C&CC) is a parent-run volunteer group that works closely with Prospect's Guidance Advisors to help students make better informed educational and career choices. We offer support activities for each grade in order to prepare all students for life after college - whether that means going to a 4-year college, community college, technical school, or entering the military or workforce.
The C&CC is a resource for students and parents for post high-school, college and career planning. It is a a place to get information about colleges and universities, testing and test preparation, financial aid planning, scholarships, career information, summer opportunities, and more.
Naviance Family Connection
provides the framework for C&CC volunteers to assist students. We encourage students and parents to regularly log on and use this tool to:
- Explore careers - find knowledge and skills required, and wage information
- Research colleges and admission information
- Take personality tests to determine strengths, skills, and interests
- Create a resume and brag sheet
- Create a 4-year high school plan
- Apply to colleges and request transcripts
What do we do?
We are on campus every Monday:
- In Room 4 during Study Hall and Lunch: Assist students with any college or career query (e.g., college essay, college visits, college applications, researching colleges and careers)
- In the Quad during Lunch: Publicize upcoming events and answer questions about colleges, careers, scholarships, jobs, internships, etc.
We also offer workshops throughout the year on various topics (click on links for each workshop to view handout):